Sunday 11 October 2015

10 Things I Love About Autumn

Passionately Sam, 10 Things I Love About Autumn
Ahhh autumn, how I'm so happy you're finally here. Don't get me wrong I love the sun but after not going abroad this year and the summer being, well... what summer? I'm more than tired of attempting to fake tan and I'm quite simply ecstatic that I can now wrap up and throw the layers of clothing on without the strange looks and the 'I can't believe you're cold, it's not cold!' comments (I am one of those mildly annoying people that are always cold). After going on yet another Autumn walk this morning it's inspired me to put together 10 things i love about the season.


Falling Leaves
Autumn means falling leaves and soooo many pretty colours, Reds, oranges, browns.. I could honestly walk around in awe of the outdoors all day, when it's not raining of course. There's nothing quite like going out on a crisp morning and walking through all of the fallen leaves and seeing views like the one in the picture for this post.

Layering
Ahh layering. As soon as the weather turns colder I turn to layering up my clothes; it's very rare I go out wearing just one top and a coat as I'm one of those people that can get cold in Spain in the height of Summer. During the summer months I stock up on strappy tops in various colours (usually from Primark/Matalan/Asda, hello cheap clothes), then layer them when it gets colder with quite literally everything. 

Boots, Boots & More Boots
Ankle boots, mid-calf boots, knee high boots, over the knee boots, fluffy boots, slipper boots. Just give me all the boots please, my cold feet will thank you.

Not Having To Style Your Hair
If you're anything like me and have naturally curly/wavy hair, mine is that awkward it can't decide what it would prefer to be so likes to alternate between the two, as soon as it's acceptable to wear a hat and not actually bother to style your hair you jump for joy! Now lets all welcome the extra 15 mins sleep in the morning.

Making Harvey's Coat
As Harvey is getting older now, when it's really cold I start putting him in his DIY coat to keep warm, especially on those cold, 7am morning walks and he just looks adorable. I've just finished his 'mac' and soon due to start on his fleece coat. I don't buy them as I quite enjoy being creative and making them from scratch. 

Vampire Diaries & The Originals
Ahhh I have an obsession with both of these and they both come back this month!! I'm like a child at Christmas. I welcome this great tv with so much eagerness I may jump up and down. 

Halloween
Every year I plan to dress up, almost every year I don't, but making a mess carving a pumpkin and making treats for the kiddies just makes me happy. 

Bonfire Night
Here's where I thank good old Guy Fawkes for the bonfire night tradition. I have to have to have to go to a bonfire display and buy sparklers to play with at home. Who says adults can't play with sparklers? You know writing your name in the air with them is just the most entertaining thing ever.

Hot Chocolate
I'm not a big fan of tea or coffee but I do love a good hot chocolate; the cold weather is the perfect excuse to indulge. Whether it's one from Starbucks in a pretty Autumn cup or making my own concoction with cream, marshmallows, sprinkles and just about anything else I can cram on there that's going to spike my blood sugar levels on my treat day, the better. 

Netflix
Watching as many series on Netflix as you can physically fit in to your spare time is just mandatory. If you don't know what Netflix is (where have you been?!), you can find out and subscribe here.

Is there anything you love/hate about Autumn? What are your favourite things about the season?



No comments:

Post a Comment