Sunday 29 March 2015

Create A New Outfit From Your Existing Wardrobe


We've all been there, you're staring at your open wardrobe wandering what to wear and frustrated that you 'have no clothes when the reality is you have a wardrobe full, right in front of you! It's an amusing fact which plagues many of the female population, usually occurring at the point where you're getting ready to go out somewhere and the jeans and tee combo just won't do.


I've surprised myself recently in these situations by putting together a few outfits which I wouldn't have thought to before. It's all about taking a step back and having a quick root through your drawers and rails and grabbing a few things which you like without thinking about having to put them together as an actual outfit. I know I sound a little crazy here but go with me...

So you've got a range of clothes piled on the end of your bed which you like but cannot make an outfit out of right? Well maybe not so. Take a look at for example a skirt and a top, and if they don't make a great looking outfit think about what you can add to make it work. This might be layering something sparkly over a plain top, add a jacket or jazz up some seemingly boring jeans with a pair of your bright, statement heels. 








Skirt - Golddigga, Strap Top - Matalan, Cropped Lace Top - Matalan, Shoes - Primark
Apologies for the less than great quality photo!

Here's a recent example of me wearing a 'created outfit' that resulted from doing exactly what I've just explained. This is actually a combination of a midi pencil skirt and a plain strap top with a lace cropped top layered over it. It's a combination of clothes which I'd never put together before, but I still felt like I was wearing a new outfit, without having had to go out and buy one. 

Fancy giving this a go? Let me know if you find a new outfit combination you love!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! The shoes are a Primary bargain! Plus I can wear them for hours and they don't hurt my feet, win win! X

      Delete
  2. Ooh I love this outfit hun, you can't go wrong with a good pencil skirt :)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun! I agree, although I seem to be lacking them lately need to invest in a few more! X

      Delete